Island Wok Reserve table

801 Vernon Ave, Victoria, British Columbia V8X 2W8, Canada, Saanich
34 Reviews 2

Make your dining plans a breeze by reserving a table at Island Wok, located at 801 Vernon Ave, Victoria, British Columbia V8X 2W8, Canada, Saanich, through our convenient online platform. Enjoy an extraordinary dining experience. Get a table booked by calling +12503880286.

About Island Wok

Book a table now at Island Wok
Opening hours

Monday 07:30 - 20:00

Tuesday 07:30 - 20:00

Wednesday 07:30 - 20:00

Thursday 07:30 - 20:00

Friday 07:30 - 20:00

Saturday 07:30 - 20:00

Sunday 07:30 - 20:00


Address

Map

Reviews

1 /5 Rating average

Came here for buffet. Recommended to us by a friend that said it was really good........first of all we came in and wasn't seated or served drinks. This was a total do it yourself buffett. No tea brought to the table. Food that was left in the chaffing dishes was very little and hard. Dim sum was limited to rice and a leaf with no flavor. Had to ask for won ton and when it was brought out it was plain no flavor again. Plus no signage for any of the food so it was a choice of sweet and sour mystery meat . Won't be back. Lucky village over in Admirals is way better plus the staff are more interactive and present.

5 /5 Rating average

Island Wok is a new Chinese buffet restaurant in Victoria. Their website is still bare bones, but they're well worth a visit. Located in Saanich Plaza just a stone's throw from Uptown Mall, the restaurant has a nice, airy ambience with agreeable music.I went with someone who used to live in Montreal, and is used to decent-sized Chinese buffets. He claims that this is the only real Chinese buffet in town; I counted more than 30 items, not even counting the 5 tubs of ice cream in the freezer case.The food was delicious. The owners are pleasant and eager to please. The dining room is very large; on Valentine's Day evening, it wasn't half full, but I chalk that up to its newness.Lunch is $12.95, dinner $16.95. Well worth it. Come very hungry.

2 /5 Rating average

This restaurant had a weird atmosphere to it. It feels like it is going to die like all the others before. There are no set hours of operations listed and the staff seemed to say and imply the opening hours are whenever they feel like opening or closing, and making things up as they go along. The staff seem to be understaffed and stretched thin in doing all the necessary tasks to make a restaurant functional. This makes it feel cheap. The Island Wok location had gone through a series of restaurants that seem to just come and go, after the Uncle Willy's Buffet closed down. Uncle Willy's was the longest tenant and no other restaurant seem to endure for long. I do not know, perhaps the locations is cursed? The bright spot is that some of the staff seem to make at least some effort to be friendly.

3 /5 Rating average

Great improvement for this location although inside decor has not changed since it was an uncle willies. Chinese buffet is never like gourmet dining or even menu Chinese but as far as buffets go this is good. Staff friendly. Negative was they never refilled cut green oinion by soup entire time we were there otherwise they did refill promptly

1 /5 Rating average

We were craving chinese and saw that there was new owners at this place. Wehad been to the older place and it was very dirty! We wanted to try and see if the new owners had cleaned it up. The room was the same but a lot cleaner.That is the only good thing we can say good about this place. The food was very dryed out and discolored, It had been sitting there for a couple of hrs. some of the meat dishestasted off. We could not eat it! If you would like a drink with your meal, do not go here. beer choices are corona and and some peach beer from vancouver, which was undrinkable. The cooking wine they serve is of the same quality! Hope you like your red wine cold they keep it in the fridge.This place will not be around long!

4 /5 Rating average

As my children are sick of the standard kid's menu choices everywhere in Victoria I was looking for somewhere that everyone could find something they'd like and so we decided to try the new incarnation of the Chinese buffet in this plaza. It was a Friday night, so there was a premium added to the price, which was a surprise when it came time to pay. 80% of the dishes I tried were really good, but the other 20% were quite mediocre. I will likely be back.It was definitely better than the last two Chinese buffets that were in this spot.

3 /5 Rating average

I was there couple weeks ago for lunchBoth my client and I think the food is pretty good.

2 /5 Rating average

Ordered delivery through skip the dishes because I didn't feel like talking to anybody Me and my hubby decided to give this place a shot.